Burton Green Primary School recognises that all pupils, regardless of their background, should have equal access to a curriculum which will enable them to reach their potential. The pupil premium is a Government initiative that targets extra money to pupils from deprived backgrounds, which research shows underachieve compared to their peers.
The Government have used pupils entitled to Free School meals as an indicator for deprivation, and have deployed a fixed amount of money to schools per pupil, based on the number of pupils eligible for Free School meals. Looked after or the children of armed service personnel are also eligible for this increased funding.
The Government is not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their attainment. Historically, there is a national trend of under-performance of children eligible for free school meals. The main purpose of Pupil Premium funding is to close the gap in attainment between these children and their peers, raising aspirations and helping them to reach their full potential.
At Burton Green Primary School, we endeavour to meet the needs of all our children, including those in receipt of Pupil Premium. This is carefully planned and involves:
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of all children, using this information to inform our teaching and learning and our use of a range of intervention strategies.
- Regularly reviewing our provision, delegating resources to allow leaders to target resources effectively.
- Burton Green Primary School Pupil premium impact statement 2017-2018
- Burton Green Primary School Pupil premium strategy statement 2017-2018
- Burton Green Primary School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2018-19
- Burton Green Primary School Impact and Strategy Statement 2018-19
- Burton Green Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2020